CHAMPION OF WEAVES COMPETITION
Products Sponsored by
WHAT YOU WILL WIN PRIZES:
This is your opportunity to SHINE on the West Coast! Our Main Stage will become a platform of Weave Queens and Kings that will be sure to AMAZE you! Our Best stylists will install cut, curl and contour weave designs on models of all categories with precision and speed! The 1st place winner will walk away with Prizes and the title of “CHAMPION OF WEAVES!!”
Bronner Bros has a very long, 77 year, history of producing the Best of the BEST. Once again, Bronner Bros. is putting on the best show of it’s kind in the world and we are going to Long Beach, California! This is your opportunity to SHINE on the West Coast! Our Main Stage will become a platform of Weave Queens and Kings that will be sure to AMAZE you! Our Best stylists will install cut, curl and contour weave designs on models of all categories with precision and speed! The 1st place winner will walk away with Prizes and the title of “CHAMPION OF WEAVES!!”
Plus --- *A trophy from Bronner Brothers® *Gift package from Private label *Your winning photo posted on our Bronner Bros. social media with your handle attached for contact (hashtag). *Photos featured on BronnerBros.com *Admission to Bronner Bros. Beauty Show July 2023 (3Day/night pass)
Plus --- *A trophy from Bronner Brothers® *Gift Package from Private label *Your winning photo posted on our Bronner Bros. social media with your handle attached for contact (hashtag). *Photos featured on BronnerBros.com *Admission to Bronner Bros. Beauty Show July 2023 (3Day/night pass)
COMPETITION SCHEDULE SATURDAY, July 22, 2023
Place: Long Beach Convention Center
Address: 300 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Check-in Location: Competition Check-in Desk in the Registration Hall
Check-In Time: 10:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.
Prep Location: Competition Headquarters (DO NOT GO TO MAIN STAGE)
Prejudging time (During briefing): 10:30 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
Briefing: 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Line up: 11:15 a.m.
Start Time: 11:30 a.m. Main Stage
Stage Time: 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Judging: 12:30 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
End Time: 1:00 p.m.
NO ONSITE REGISTRATION
July 21, 2023
– 11:59pm EST
The fee for this competition is $125.00
The fee for this competition is $125.00
(You still must pay for admission to the show separately).
Click Here to Purchase your Beauty Show Pass to enter Exhibit floor to participate and/or view the competition.
THE COMPETITOR’S MODEL will be given complimentary entrance to the Bronner Bros. Exhibit Hall Floor on the day of their competition ONLY!
Please BE ON TIME!
CHAMPION OF WEAVES
By paying the entry fee, you are agreeing to all the General Rules and Regulations and the individual rules of this and ALL of Bronner Bros. competition.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS… “Ignorance of rules excuses no one”– is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law or rule may not escape penalty for violating or not doing that law or rule merely because because he/she was unaware of its content.
- This competition is open to all licensed Cosmetologists. You must upload your license and state issued ID during the registration process.
- This competition does not limit or restrict by race, gender, creed color or nationality.
- Only ages 18 and older are allowed to compete and be models.
- Competitor has to make sure that the model signs and submits all paperwork and waivers to participate or risk disqualification. Some States Licensing requirements will not permit unlicensed braiders to participate in this competition. Most Cosmetology license includes services such as hair cutting, hair arranging, hair coloring, permanent waving, and hair relaxing for compensation. Examples of compensation are
- cash, goods, services, etc. It also includes performing hair removal, including wax treatments, manicures, pedicures, and skin care services. Except for shampooing and conditioning, if you are providing anything of value for cosmetology services, you need to hire a licensed person. Waivers and forms may be required. Please reach out to the email listed at the bottom if you have questions or concerns.
- Please click Here to review the General Rules and Regulations.
- Please arrive on time! Once doors are closed, no competitors or models will be allowed to enter. Security will be present. There will be no refunds given for late arrivals. Doors are closed at 10:30 a.m..
- PLEASE NOTE: There are many traffic delays that may occur near the Convention Center. Please make time allotments accordingly for parking, longs walks and possible road detours. These delays are not acceptable to be allowed into the competition after the roll of competitors has been completed.
- This competition is open to licensed professional cosmetologist with proof of license and state issued ID.
- Current Bronner Brothers employees, platform artists, and educators cannot compete in this competition. A minimum of 1 year of non-association is required to qualify.
- What to Bring to Registration for Model and Stylist:
- You MUST bring two forms of ID to registration that day to show proof of your age and a photograph (for example, a birth certificate and driver’s license or a birth certificate and a passport or a birth certificate and a school ID card with your name on it). Proof that the model is at least 18 years of age. Without it the model cannot be used.
- Your License or proof online of your active status. (It may be requested.)
- The QR codes sent to you via email or Text with your proof of purchases for:
- Admissions (1 day pass, 3 day/2 night pass).
- Competition fee payment of $125.
- Competitor is required to use the hair provided in the Competition. Hair will be provided by our wonderful sponsor, Private Label. You will receive 2 bundles of private label top quality hair. The lengths are 14″ and 16″,.
- No Children under 12 are allowed on the Exhibit floor, back stage or in the area for this competition. Click here for our onsite DAYCARE options.
- Models must be 18 years or older to participate.
- All models are welcome of any race, creed, or nationality.
- Competitor must provide all needles, foam stand, and thread for the competition. Needles can be pre-threaded and brought assembled in Styrofoam head to the Convention Center from home/salon. Use as many needles as needed for your technique of styling.
- Competitor may enter one model per entry fee. If more than one model is entered, there will be no extra time allotted during the prep time slot, braid down nor any extra time allowed on stage for the final sew in process.
- It is the responsibility of the the competitor to make sure that the model has had food and ample hydration (water) before and during the competition.
- The use of Hair glue/adhesive, clip-ins, and/or extension tape is prohibited. If found to be used in any way, significant points will be deducted.
- Blow dryers, Flat irons and curling irons are allowed.
- Competitors have full use of all cutting equipment to implement the style desired. Bring your own combs, brushes, shears, color sprays, clippers.
- No Straight edge razors are to be used against the scalp.
- Competitors have 45 minutes total to execute the sewing technique, cut, & style on Main stage. (The use of bonding glue, clip-ins and hair pins of any type are prohibited.)
- Metal hair clips (duck bills), butterfly clips and styling clips are allowed during the competition to hold the hair during styling.
- Report with models dressed, makeup and accessories done before arrival. No dressing rooms will be provided.
- Arrive with the models combed straight down. All shampoo services have to be completed before arriving to the convention center.
- Competitors will sew, cut and style only in time allotted (45 minutes) on Main Stage. HAIR MUST BE BRAIDED DURING PREP TIME ONLY (45 min). Braiding will be done in the Competition Headquarters, not on Main Stage. Use Code SAVE10 at checkout before May 31, 2023 to get the Early Bird Special.
- You are allowed to sew the ending braid to the scalp during the braiding time. IF YOU ARE using a net, it must be sewn during the braiding time in the competition headquarters- no more time will be given. If you are not able to sew the netting after braiding in the given time frame of 45 minutes, you can sew it during stage presentation. However, remember you are only given 45 minutes to sew weave onto the head, cut, curl and style the hair before the judging begins.
- Only braiding hair can used as a filler during the braid down time in the Prep room. No loose wefted hair can be sewn into the hair during the braid down time in the competition headquarters. All hair additions, during prep time, must be inside of the braid.
- Any competitor arriving with any portion of the models hair braided before the timer starts for the braid down will have to remove the braids and re-braid the hair or be disqualified. No additional time will be given to the competitor and points will be deducted.
- Competitor agrees to appear on site at the required CHECK-IN time or risk point deduction and/or possible disqualification for non adherence to the time requirements. Our competitions are viewed on Main stage and have extensive Run of Show obligations. Main stage is time sensitive. Competitors that are tardy are heavily penalized. There will be NO REFUNDS issued for disqualifications due to tardies or absences.
- There CAN BE MANY DETOURS DOWNTOWN near the Convention Center. There may be detours and traffic delays. Please use your time wisely and plan your route to the facility ahead of time.
- The competitor has control of the side part choices and the option to leave the edges out. (The choice of edge leave out may be the determining factor to the natural look of your hair style.)
- No closures of any kind are allowed. No wigs are allowed.
- Judges reserve the right to finger through and inspect the interior workmanship of the finished style. The hair design will not be disturbed.
- Entrants and models must remain until the judges’ decisions are announced.
- The finished style must be a professional, trendsetting, non fantasy hairstyle. Attire, makeup and nails must compliment the total look.
- Styling technique is optional based on competitor’s creativity. HAIR MUST BE FREE FLOWING AND TANGIBLE.
- After time has been called, there can be no additions or ornamentation added to the head after style is completed. (Including, cutting, smoothing, adding Sheen Sprays, hair sprays or colors).
Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality. The concept of thinking that the original piece needs to be the WOW factor. Creativity is about unleashing the potential of the mind to conceive new ideas. Those concepts could manifest themselves in any number of ways, but most often, they become something we can see.
“If you can’t fit in you should stand out.”
**In past Beauty Shows, competitors that chose to disregard
any rule had significant point reduction and severely
decreased their opportunity to win the competition.
LIMITED TO 30 COMPETITORS… REGISTER BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!
CHAMPION OF WEAVES COMPETITION
Competition Fee $125